The Australasian College of Physician Executives aims to support and consolidate the role that physician executives play in healthcare and commerce. The position of physician executives is poorly understood by both clinicians and the broader community. This makes it difficult for those practising outside the confines of traditional clinical medicine to develop their careers in a supportive environment.
By joining the ACPE you will become part of an organisation dedicated to the pursuit of excellence as physician executives.
- Formal recognition of training, experience, knowledge, skills and contribution in your field of expertise.
- Access to an exclusive portfolio of fulltime, part-time, contract or project-based opportunities – domestic and internationally.
- Opportunity to liaise with a vast network of professional peers.
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of professional standards, performance expectations and accreditation processes for new and existing members.
Membership also enables you to be part of an organisation that seeks to develop the discipline by:
- Protecting and enhancing the unique role of the physician executive in balancing the ethics of healthcare with the demands of running a profitable and sustainable enterprise.
- Developing new ways for healthcare and commerce to combine at the forefront of innovation – developing new business models aimed at addressing some of the most important healthcare challenges of our time.